Our client, an indigenous shipping company based in delta state is looking to hire a 2nd Engineer for one of its oil tankers.
- Operate and maintain generator room
- Function as the most senior Engine Room watch keeper
- Responsible for all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repair and administration of all vessels machinery under the direction of the Chief Engineer
- Make scheduled inspection tour of operating equipment
- Familiar with all Company procedures, including the Safety Management System, applicable to your duties
- Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work in accordance with the established safety standards and work practices.
- Take part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighting, man overboard exercises, lifeboat launching, security drills and/or other training as applicable for the function
- Wear, inspect and care for required personal protective equipment.
- Timely reporting of all observed vessel operational issues to the Bridge and Chief Engineer
- Operate various vessel machinery
- Operate the ballast system and other liquid systems
- Operate water maker and carry out the maintenance
- Operate boilers and other steam tools
- Supervise the repairs and maintenance of vessel equipment
- Keep daily log of ongoing engineering work
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer
You must have:
- Oil tanker experience
- Minimum of 12 months experience in the same capacity
- Mandatory documents required to work onboard
- All seafarers documents must be valid and complete