An oil and gas servicing firm is looking to recruit an Accountant to join their team.
Job Location: Igbo efon, Lekki.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Summarize current financial status by collating information on receivable and outgoing payments; prepare balance sheet, profit, and loss statement, and other reports
- Prepare and send invoices to clients and follow up until payments are made
- Examine bank statements and reconcile them with general ledger entries
- Prepare internal staff monthly payroll and make statutory remittances as required
- Manage company’s petty cash accounts
- Relate with various government agencies such as LIRS, FIRS, ITF and take part in the company’s account audits
- Carry out monthly VAT filings before the deadline
- Post transactions in the company’s preferred accounting software (Quickbooks) and keep updated at all times
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager
- Degree or HND qualification in accounting or similar finance discipline.
- Must be an ATS holder and a student member of any of the following professional bodies – ICAN, ANAN, ACCA, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC work experience as an Accountant
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks software is ideal
- Strong numerical skills and an intermediate user of MS Excel
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to ask relevant questions and provide thorough explanations
- Critical thinking, coordination, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure, fast-paced project environment
- Result-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Good team player
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Send your CV to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.