Our client ,an EPC company running a foundation in Okija is looking to recruit a Chief Operating Officer. You will be responsible for managing all operational activities of the Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
- Provide leadership for the day to day operations of the SBU in order to achieve quality service as well as efficiency and effectiveness of Operations.
- Liaise with the Leadership and the Departmental / Unit heads to develop strategic plans that support productivity, operational performance, staff retention and satisfaction and also drive the implementation processes.
- Prepare and manage annual operational budgets and financial reports for the Strategic Business Unit(s).
- Ensure the continued financial viability of the SBU’s operational units through financial (cost and revenue) management.
- Create management practices that support high performance in employees.
- Liaise with all departmental/unit heads to ensure that adequate operational support is rendered to the Programs of the Foundation.
- Develop and implement outreach programs to facilitate strategic partnership and business development initiatives.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan Implementation.
- Maintain effective liaison with all relevant stakeholders (e.g. Trustees, Organizational Leadership, Community Leadership, Employees, Patients etc) to ensure the smooth running of the SBU.
- Develop and manage the design of program plans for sustainability
- Development of program budgets and execution
- Interface with program stakeholders both internally and externally
- Work with CEO in sourcing for donor partnerships and collaborations
- Conduct of focused research and surveys in relevant program segments
- Oversee program data management
- Use and maintenance of program management templates
- Develop business cases for every new initiative in line with organisational standard processes and policies
- Identification and management of program related risks
- Make periodic presentations of progress reports to management
- Conduct regular training/capacity building sessions for subordinates for effective knowledge transfers
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO and the group leadership.
- Minimum of B.Sc. or its equivalent in relevant discipline
- Computer Literacy and knowledge.
- Good communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Good Knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power point).
- Exquisite knowledge of Operations in a Foundation
- Ability to think strategically, plan, assign, supervise and coordinate the work of subordinates
- Sound knowledge of project management with ability to mentor subordinates.
- Experienced in managing expectations of donor organisations.
- Micro financing and process proficiency will be an added advantage
- Strong program research capabilities
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong presentation and data management skills
- A team player with effective communication skills
|Job Category||Healthcare / Nutrition|
|Years of Experience||Minimum of 5 years working experience|