A major player in the technology sector is seeking an experienced, mission-driven Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to help scale their suite of cloud-based SaaS products.
- Set and lead the technological vision and architecture for the company.
- Make executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technical requirements.
- Design and implement cross-product APIs that simplify solution delivery.
- Develop a high performing and accountable engineering culture to meet and exceed ambitious performance targets.
- Assess and audit current technology investments for potential improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Develop a strong relationship between product and data engineering teams to power research that unlocks insights resident in disparate datasets.
- Set and maintain sector leading SLAs, reliability metrics and governance strategies.
- Keep the company ahead of emerging technology trends and developments that foster thought leadership and evangelism within our industry.
- Select and implement technological resources to meet the company’s short and long-term needs.
- Direct infrastructure needs for scalability and aggressive growth.
- Manage technology budgets and timeframes.
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Oversee the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of data.
Eminence and Influence:
- Attract and retain A+ talent.
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data assets across the company.
- Lead, motivate, and manage large technical teams.
- Act as a mentor and coach to team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10+ years of hands-on engineering and/or software development.
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience leading highly complex, technically challenging, cross-functional software teams in a senior technical leadership capacity.
- 5+ years of large-scale capabilities product engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery methods in a complex environment (i.e., DevOps, CD/CI, Agile, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in architecting domain-specific microservices in high availability systems, applied big data technologies, machine learning and AI in a cloud environment.
- Experience attracting, hiring, retaining, and leading top engineering talent and building highly effective teams across multiple locations.
- Deep understanding of the Product / Technology Platform’s underlying tech stack and its core components.
- External technology contributions, such as patents, noteworthy Open-Source attributions, publications, etc.
- Able to lead multiple priorities and rapidly guide the organization through change moments
- Ability to run large-scale applications in terms of performance, production assurance and threat mitigation.
- Successful track record in both large-scale companies and in start-up environment.
- Exceptional team-building skills, with proven success leading groups of engineers and data scientists.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to delegate and manage competing deadlines efficiently.
- On premise and multi-cloud deployment experience including Microsoft azure, amazon web services and google cloud.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should forward CVs to email@example.com