A logistics company in Ikeja with core competence in courier delivery service, haulage, and air cargo services is seeking to hire an experienced Commercial Manager to Serve as a company leader, overseeing day-to-day business development, sales, client relationship management, and focusing on the long-term interests of the business.
- Pursue new business opportunities and manage functions such as company associations, commercial and sales team activities and evaluations, and other matters that relate to a company’s marketing and sales.
- Play an important role in marketing or corporate management.
- Examine company rules to make sure they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Look for opportunities to grow the business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Analyze sales and other reports that give insight into how a company can make adjustments to improve performance.
- Work with contract managers
- Resolve issues with contracts and commercial operations
- Communicate with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms, particularly a contract’s financial aspects
- Assess risks and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation
- Manage daily company operations
- Coach employees on best practices for managing contract issues and handling daily issues and tasks
- Accept extra duties as situations arise
- Work efficiently and calmly tight deadlines or other stress factors arise
- Manage client relationships and identify opportunities for new contracts
- Analyze data and generate reports to identify potential for business growth
- Monitor local and federal regulations
- Bid on new projects and negotiate contract terms
- Set, monitor, and manage the monthly target
- Liaise and work with others departments to attain the company’s goals.
- First degree in Marketing or Related Field. A second degree would be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of a minimum of 10 years within a similar or same role in the logistics industry
- Ability to Prioritize.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Strong Coaching Skills.
- Negotiating Talent, Superb with Deadlines.
- Decisive, Advanced Problem-Solving Capabilities.
- Professional, Thorough, Detail-Oriented.
- Ability to Process the Big-Picture Items.
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and supervise others
- Great multitasking abilities and attention to detail