Our client, a leading gas distribution company involved in several projects seeks to employ a Distribution Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all phases of distribution including daily truck routing, inter-company shuttles, trailers, and bulk deliveries as well as all distribution-related record keeping.
- Responsible for maximizing delivery service in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervise drivers and coordinate special requirements with the Production Manager and Shift Leads
- Provide safety and compliance training to meet corporate requirements
- Champion distribution efficiency initiatives for the location, including demand leveling
- Drive continuous improvement in daily distribution operations
- Develop, document, and train employees on SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) and processes
- Daily review and process all documentation; vehicle condition reports and drivers hours of service, route efficiency, and completion
- Review incoming orders for accuracy and unusual requirements, communicate unusual requirements for production planning
- Prepare load sheets, delivery tickets, and manifests and highlights any critical customer requirements, and ensures loads are accurate and complete
- Review returned trips for paperwork accuracy and completeness and unfulfilled orders
- Responses to inquires from sales, customer service, and branches regarding delivery status and capabilities
- Responses to emergency delivery requirements
- Manage the availability of drivers and equipment, including all maintenance requirements, to ensure that adequate resources are available to meet distribution needs
- Control distribution cost and maximize service response through the balancing of daily routes and overall system optimization
Key Attributes and Skills:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to analyze daily trip requirements
- Must be responsive to time-sensitive needs of customers, sales, customer service, and other operations personnel – including daily urgent delivery needs
- Knowledge of DOT hours of service and Hazardous Materials regulations
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and make ad hoc adjustments to the schedule as required
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook programs
- Dependable, safety-conscious, and able to work well with others.
- Ability to operate a forklift and move containers
- Must be able to work occasional weekends, maintain “on-call” status, and travel when required.