We are looking to hire a GIS Cartographer and Marine Surveyor for our client, a multinational oil and gas company.
Marine Survey Duties:
• Inspect and calibrate Survey Equipment for seabed and Rig Positioning survey.
• Inspect and monitor Seabed and Rig move survey.
• Inspect land survey services in onshore facility Areas e.g. Dredging and as-built survey.
• Accurately evaluate (QA/QC) completed As-built/Detail Survey.
• Critical assessment of in-service marine surveying contractors and bidders during technical evaluation exercise.
• Advise vessel captains on positions/locations when called-up.
• Participate in Rig/Barge Move Risk Assessment meetings.
Geographic Information System (GIS) Duties:
• Data migration from CAD to GIS.
• Database Management System using Microsoft Access (DBMS)
• Write short programming languages for label expressions in ArcMap.
• Symbology Creation for surface/sub-surface feature class.
• Create different types of template for easy map production.
• Geo-referencing and digitization of satellite imageries for data extraction.
• Clean up data for dangles, duplicates, overlaps and gaps.
• Update database using data from As-built survey, Rig move survey and seabed survey.
• Update online information database.
• Satellite image Processing and project mapping.
• Barge positioning mapping.
• Rigmove approach mapping.
• Plot and create maps from coordinates.
• Convert geographical coordinates to rectangular coordinates.
• Print Charts for all the vessels and all the departments.
• Reconcile data with various departments involved in offshore installation project.
• Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Surveying & Geoinformatics, Geography, Cartography or other closely related field.
• 5+ years’ relevant offshore experience in a reputable IOC.
• 2+ years of work experience designing and conducting spatial analysis in GIS software tools and applications.
• Familiar with Database Management System (DBMS)
• Ability to write short programming languages for label expressions
• Familiar with Symbology Creation for surface/sub-surface feature class.
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel.
• Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.