Our client a financial services firm in Lagos is looking to fill the position of Head of Corporate Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and supervise the human resources, admin and corporate
Communications units and the activities of the respective officers
• Manage and provide oversight to external consultants handling the IT and legal
• Develop and implement the annual budgets of the various teams / units under
• Establish a brand strategy and then determine how to incorporate this strategy
in the company’s communications.
• Create communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches,
events, and promotions.
• Provide leadership and guidance to team members to manage HR operations
deliverables and flow of day-to-day operations.
• Determine the staffing needs across the organization each financial year.
• Source, screen and select candidates.
• Supervise staff verification and confirmation.
• Supervise staff appraisals and promotion.
• Demonstrate high proficiency in processes and standard operating procedures
with ability to resolve complex queries.
• Accountable for change management activities within the organization for the
seamless execution of new initiatives while keeping all stakeholders in HR
informed of changes prior to implementation.
• Handle escalations from employees, HRs, and other stakeholders.
• Articulate a HR strategy that is aligned to the corporate strategy and aimed at
supporting the organization in achieving its strategic objectives.
• Ensure the continuous alignment of the Bank’s Organisational Structure to its
overall strategy/ objectives.
• Evaluate jobs within the organization to ensure equitable job grading, while
ascribing appropriate responsibility, worth and reward to all jobs within BIL.
• Identify and collate staff training needs, coordinate training sessions, and plan
the BIL’s training activities for the year.
• Develop clearly defined career and succession plans for the BIL.
• Review and update of the BIL’s Compensation Framework (in line with
• Any other assignment as directed by the COO or CEO
• Minimum educational standard: HND / BSc in Human Resources Management,
Accounting or a relevant field from a reputable higher institution. A Masters’
Degree in HR will be an added advantage
• Additional professional qualification will be an advantage.
• Minimum Working Experience: 10 Years’ related experience
• Supervisory and team management skills
• Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse staff.
• Demonstrated success in identifying and resolving issues prior to escalation with
strong issues management skills.
• Good knowledge an understanding of labour law and relevant HR legislation,
policies and procedures
• Result oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple
• Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities.
• Ability to delegate, mentor and coach
• Excellent knowledge of various HR functions and skills
• Excellent and efficient use of MS Office Suite
• Ability to maintain standards of conduct
• Possesses cultural and political awareness and sensitivity
• Good sound work ethics
Qualified applicants should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.