One of our clients a financial services firm in Lagos is looking to recruit the position Head of Corporate Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure implementation of treasury and Cash management policies in the back
office and report identified weaknesses.
• Conduct Special Investigation as may be assigned from time to time.
• Conduct spot checks, stock-taking and other functions as may be assigned from
time to time.
• Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and
develop best practices.
• Carry out detailed investigations when discrepancy, cash suppression or fraud is
• Conduct internal control checks and records to safeguard BIL’s assets working
with the control officers.
• Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance
with BIL and industry policies.
• Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor
• Recommend market risk limits (dealer limits, exposure limits etc) in line with the
approved market risk appetite of the Bank.
• Support and advise internal control officers with their analysis and day-today
• Support and advice risk officer with his / her analysis and day-today risk
• Suggest, develop, and implement measures for a better risk management
framework and the improvement of internal controls.
• Ensure detailed understanding of all Profit and Loss and risk drivers and ensure
compliance levels against established risk appetite.
• Systematically identify, assess, monitor, and report market risk through active
portfolio analysis and engagement with the business areas.
• Design the organisation’s market risk strategy working with the risk officer.
• Any other duties as assigned by the CEO
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, and related discipline from a
• Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, ACIB, CFA, CISA is desirable
• A Minimum of 10 years’ experience, with at least 5 years in a risk management
and /or internal control roles.
• Excellent risk assessment and mitigation skills
• Good managerial / supervisory skills
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skills.
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Good decision-making skills.
Qualified applicants should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.