Locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt and Warri
Our client, a major player in the oil and gas industry is recruiting an Internal Audit Assistant Manager (Technical). You will participate in various audit reviews, carry out investigations and monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations guiding the entity’s operations.
- Identify and evaluate risks and internal controls;
- Design and perform audit procedures, this will include identifying and defining risks, developing criteria to audit against, analysing and documenting processes and audit evidence.
- Conduct interviews with staff being audited and prepare working papers for review.
- Review the working papers of the internal auditor.
- Identify and document audit recommendations using independent judgment.
- Communicate or assist the Head of Internal Audit in communicating the results of the audit via written reports to management.
- Develop and maintains productive client relationships through individual contact and group meetings.
- Provide or assist in providing training, coaching and guidance to internal audit staff.
- Perform related internal audit work as assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Assist manager in evaluating financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine records and interview staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements
- Compile and implementation of business plan
- Implement and management of internal controls for all documented processes
- Performing timely, detailed and independent QMS or product-focused audits to assess regulatory compliance to applicable local and international regulations/standards
- Providing support in internal/external/customer audit follow-up, including reviewing of audit finding responses for completeness and effectiveness
- Oversight of applicable KPIs related to the audit process
- Preparing the Audit Review Board
- Providing training on key compliance topics
- Defines, establishes, monitors and improves training on internal auditing.
- Engineering degree from a reputable University
- ACA, ACCA, CIA
- At least 6 years of full-time experience in construction projects with exposure to quality control and ISO audits.
- Strong working knowledge of internal audit processes, regulations, requirements, and standards, such as ISO-13485
- Experience with commonly used problem-solving methodologies
- Working knowledge of problem-solving methodologies and problem resolution
- Experience in providing training on compliance-related topic
- Experience in coaching owners of audit findings
- Flexibility and ability to deal with rapidly changing operational contexts
- Professional ethics, critical thinking, Persuasion and collaboration, Governance, Risk and Control