Locations: Lagos, Warri and Portharcourt
Our client, a major player in the oil and gas industry is recruiting an Internal Audit (Assistant Manager). You will participate in various audit reviews, carry out investigations and monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations guiding the entity’s operations.
- Perform audit planning and participate in planned audits as indicated in the annual audit plan.
- Evaluate the organization’s internal control process to identify areas of ineffectiveness and recommending practical solutions.
- Review and evaluate audit programs to achieve audit objectives.
- Organize and present meaningfully detailed reports to communicate the results of completed audit engagements to Management.
- Assess compliance with applicable laws, regulations and code of business practices.
- Investigate violations to the Group’s operational procedures and makes recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial actions.
- Participate in the review and update of the Group’s Internal Control policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Liaise with the Finance Unit and external auditors to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of statutory audits.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager.
- sc Accounting, finance, or another related field
- ACA, ACCA, CIA
- At least 5 years of practical experience in a private accounting firm and/or hands on experience in executing internal audits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Professional scepticism
- Data/information analysis
- Professional ethics and critical thinking
- Persuasion and collaboration
- Proficient knowledge of Governance, Risk and Control