We are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor for an indigenous EPCC company in Lagos. You are expected to add value and improve operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Perform complex level professional internal auditing work.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls. Design and perform tests to determine the effectiveness of the controls in mitigating risks and in achieving management’s business objectives and goals.
- Assess compliance with laws, regulations and code of business practices.
- Ensure that all reviewed transactions are wholly, reasonably, exclusively and necessarily consummated for the Company.
- Review and update of the Group’s Internal Control policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Liaise with the Finance Unit and external auditors to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of statutory audits.
- 5-7 years of experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgment
|Job Category||Oil and Gas / Mining / Maritime|