Our client, an oil and gas company operating offshore Nigeria is looking to hire an Offshore Laboratory Technician
Job Location: Warri, Delta State
- Conduct laboratory analysis to determine the density of crude oil using a hydrometer and densitometer.
- Determine the Reid vapor pressure of crude oil using gauge bombs
- Determine the pour and the cloud point of crude oil using automated and manual methods
- Determine the sulfur and salt contents of crude oil using automated machines
- Determine the BS&W in crude oil using dean and stark and centrifuge machine
- Determine crude oil quality
- Conduct the analysis of ion concentration of effluent water using a spectrophotometer
- Determine the oil, grease, and total petroleum hydrocarbon content of effluent water
- Conduct salinity test, total dissolved solids, dissolved oxygen, conductivity, and pH of produced water before discharge
- Conduct crude oil assay for barging-in and export operations
BSc/HND or tertiary education qualification in any engineering field
Minimum of 3 years post NYSC work experience in a similar or related role within the oil & gas industry.
Key Attributes & Skills
- Work experience in the oil & gas with necessary documents to work offshore such as BOSIET
- Offshore work experience of a production platform / FSO/ FPSO is an added advantage
- Relevant training in Gas Chromatography, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy, etc are added advantage
- This role requires practical hands-on experience in the field and a good understanding of relevant industry practices, codes, and standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills – The ability to prepare and deliver presentations is essential
- Good knowledge of MS Office apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Result oriented and proactive
- Must be a team player
How to Apply
send your CV to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of the email.