An oil and gas shipping company based in Warri, is looking to recruit an Operations & Logistics Manager to provide successful management of business operations while driving the implementation of policies and standards that align with the Business Unit’s vision and business philosophy.
• Work with the COO/CEO to develop and align company business objectives with the vision and long-term strategies of the Group.
• Communicate the Group’s vision and business strategy (short, medium, and long terms) and ensure that the company operates in line with the Group’s governance policies, standards, and values.
• Ensure the safe, secure, timely and cost-effective marine transport of personnel, goods, consumables, and equipment.
• Work with the COO/CEO to develop and implement the company’s business strategies, growth plans and budgets in support of the Group’s long-term business direction.
• Support the COO/CEO to put adequate operational systems and controls in place to ensure proper monitoring of the company’s performance against plans and budgets.
• Support the COO/CEO to ensure that company operations and performance culture comply with approved financial, business and risk management objectives as well as applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Support the COO/CEO in monitoring members of the Business Unit leadership team to effectively deliver on respective functional programmes, achieve set targets and improve overall performance.
• Ensure proper adherence to the Group’s Quality, Health and Safety policies across all functional units.
• Support the COO/CEO to facilitate resolution of high priority issues between departments and acts as one of the organisation’s ambassadors and spokespersons in matters involving external stakeholders.
• Work with the COO/CEO to prepare relevant reports to the Board of Directors on company’s performance target achievements (i.e., financial results, market performance, organisational development plans and overall business performance).
• Any good first degree especially in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Social and Behavioural Sciences.
• Post graduate business degree (including MBA) will be an advantage.
• Any relevant professional certification.
• Minimum of 8 years post qualification work experience, 3 of which must have been at a management level in an Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and maintenance business environment.
• Strong ability to think strategically and make good judgements.
• Highly ethical, self-motivated, diligent, and enthusiastic with a winning mentality.
• Strong ability to cope well with pressure, solve complex operational problems and deliver within tight timeframes.
• Excellent analytical, business development and strategic planning skills.
• Strong negotiation and management skills.
• Excellent networking and people/relationship management ability, as well as interpersonal, project and change management skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Highly innovative and adaptable.
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
Method of Application:
Qualified and interested candidates should kindly send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using subject of the email as “Operations/Logistics Manager”.
Note: Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.