Posted 1 year ago
A shipping company with base in Warri is looking to recruit a Port Captain.
You will be responsible for coordinating the operations of their ships (tankers, FSO, Tugs and barges, etc), vessel movement, crew well-being, class surveys, safety and environmental pollution control, etc as contact person between the ships and the management office ashore.
Your duties include:
- Liaise with Captains and Crew, establishing and maintaining positive communication between vessel and office staff, promoting the safety and well-being of Seafaring personnel and property on a day-to-day basis.
- Brief Masters, Officers and crew before their assignment to vessel.
- Provide a link between shore and ship-based management concerning safety and pollution prevention.
- Ensure requisitions are sent on time and review vessels Deck and Catering requisition to ensure efficient and economical inventory is maintained.
- Ensure vessels certification is current and on board.
- Prepare evaluation reports for Captains and review those of the crew.
- Ensure that all vessel staff is given an appropriate hand-over and also receives familiarization when joining.
- Ensure continuous general wellness and welfare of the crew.
- Conduct regular onboard inspections (each vessel to be visited monthly).
- Conduct and report the results of any fire, evacuation, man-overboard and other drills as appropriate.
- Liaise with marine compliance manager in the coordination of all vessel’s classification or client surveys onboard and rectification of any recommendations or deficiencies lists within a required time frame.
- Producing a monthly activity report and show continual improvement in the fleet and report to the company
- Inspect all Electronic Navigational equipment on board each vessel to ensure full operation
- In conjunction with the Chief Officer, visit all the Ballast Tanks of each vessel to be clean from any remaining water or mud, take pictures of the tanks and present same to the technical and operations department ashore.
- Ensure regular painting of all the Draft Marks of the vessels by the crew.
- Master Mariner Certificate or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ experience from Ocean going vessels
- Attention to details in reporting the ship conditions and situations onboard
- Reliable, Focused and goal-oriented personality
Qualified for this role? Send CVs to email@example.com