An indigenous oil and gas company is looking to employ a Procurement Officer/Buyer
You will be in charge of administering procurement functions, such as sourcing and buying to ensure timely and cost effective acquisition of equipment or materials for the company.
- Source for all equipment and materials required by the company.
- Buy all materials required by the company in her daily operations.
- Carry out functions within the limit of the company’s procedure and guidelines of procurement.
- Identify potential sources of equipment and materials required by the company
- Send out request for quotations (RFQs).
- Generate vendor selection list.
- Negotiate with vendors for the best price over purchases
- Chart bids and analyses same.
- Prepare EXCOs and LPOs for approved requisitions.
- Ensure strict adherence to HSE policies and procedures and that safe work methods applied.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by your supervisor/line manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of HND / BSC in and degree
- Possession/In pursuit of a professional certification in Purchasing and Supply (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply – CIPS) United kingdom or Nigerian Chapter.
- Minimum of 3 years Post Graduation and 1 year in Supply Chain
- Analytical skill
- Strong attention to details
- Good negotiation skills
- Good communication skill
- Must be proactive
- Team work
- Ability to meet up with dead lines
- Knowledge of supply and chain management
- Knowledge of market value and prices
- Knowledge of vendors and suppliers
|Job Category||Oil and Gas / Energy / Maritime|