An EPC company is looking to hire a Project Accountant. The ideal candidate will be responsible for effectively managing financial resources for projects as well as recommending strategies for managing operational costs and ensuring profitability of the project.
Job Location: Port-harcourt
- Liaise with the Project Manager to develop project budget in line with project schedules.
- Review the project budget with the Financial Controller
- Prepare and present periodic reports on performance of the project
- Prepare and present reports on profitability of the project, investigate and report on variances of project revenue and costs.
- Ensure project cost is monitored regularly to avoid over spends, ensure the cost incurred is commensurate to level of activities.
- Ensure timely issuance of invoice upon completion of milestone & follows up to ensure inflows are received for pending receivables.
- Prepare funding request, to be jointly reviewed by the Project Manager based on needs of the project.
- Ensure funds released for projects are properly managed.
- Ensure applicable taxes are deducted from vendors invoices and ensures remittance of taxes are made as at when due.
- Ensure accuracy and periodic reviews of all project related payables with account payable team and financial controller
- Ensure that all project activities (Revenue, costs, receivables, receipt) are properly captured into the accounting software.
- Ensure accuracy and periodic review of project billings/receivable and accrued revenue/value of work done with project manager and Financial controller
- Ensure that receivable reconciliation is done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
Skills & Qualifications
- First Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics
- A Post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Exposure to Construction or Oil & Gas industry will be an added advantage
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Project Manager or Financial controller, as necessary.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” or send CV to email@example.com with job title as subject of email.