One of our clients an indigenous oil and gas servicing firm urgently needs a Project Planner. You will be responsible for the Contract Master Schedule (CMS) and guarantee the feasibility for matching the project contractual key dates among other duties.
- Collaborate with Project Team in the project schedule review and endorsement at Contract awarding before Project Start-up.
- Support the Project Manager in the setup of the Project Execution Strategy and Contract Master Schedule, aimed at managing project planning, reporting, and control related
- Ensure the Integration of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Plan, developing a complete lifetime contract master-schedule with the adequate and necessary level of detail.
- Periodically update the project schedule with progress percentages, man-hours spent and estimation to completion.
- Ensure that all internal, customer, local authority and contract planning, scheduling and progress reporting requirements are understood and followed by the project team.
- Establish, implement and maintain the required internal and external reporting Particular emphasis to be put on establishing an effective mechanism for identifying developments that may affect the timely completion of the Project. Drawing such issues to the attention of the Project Manager for remedial action.
- Measure and analyze periodically the project performance monitoring by means of the trend indicators.
- Enforce a policy of pro-active and transparent schedule and activity forecasting in order to identify in advance potential delays and to suggest effective recovery action plans with the involved parties, under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Report the status of the project on a weekly basis and highlights critical areas for the attention of the Project Control Manager and Project Manager.
- Support the Project Manager and the Contract Administrator involved in the preparation of Claim/Project Change Proposal.
- Support the Project Services department in the collection and capitalization of the know-how on the previous projects, by means of accurate recording of data and historical information, their availability through the information management system and assist on activities of the Close Out report issuing.
FOR PROJECT START-UP/EXECUTION
- Develop the (CMS) Level 4 integrated EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) schedule based on contract requirements In co-operation with all Involved parties, such as Project Engineering, Procurement, Construction Managers, and obtains their commitment on a Common Target Schedule.
- Formally and periodically update the CMS on agreed data from parties, highlighting the changes to Project Control Manager and Project Manager.
- Commit to feedback any potential improvement to Standard CMS and the Integration with other systems or Instruments.
- Implement and issue a comprehensive and supported Progress Reporting System to provide the Owner, the Project Manager, and Management all the necessary info to be used as a basis for decisions (i.e. Target, Actual & Forecast), to maintain analyze In a proactive manner the possible impacts to contractual key dates on a continuous basis.
- Prepare and maintain detailed manpower schedules for Construction Site and fabrication workshops (where applicable).
- Ensure that the correct scope of work is reflected on all schedules and integrates inter-discipline requirements and constraints to establish the best logical work sequences.
- Ensure that the correct schedule structure is in line with the contractual one at the set-up of the CMS.
- Properly identify and monitor all key Interfaces (engineering subcontractors, suppliers, construction subcontractors and so on).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have managed a minimum of 3 complex EPC Projects’ schedules (5-6 years’ experience).
- Above average ability in the use of spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Experience with Project Planner software (i.e Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, etc).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.