Senior Quantity Surveyor needed for a natural gas company. The ideal candidate must have at least 10 years experience in a similar role.
- Support technical/ engineering teams with project requirements
- Prepare Bills of Quantities from drawings and specifications
- Maintain records and tracks Bills of Quantities and other measurements according to the approved technical drawings
- Check, verify and maintain records of built / site measurements and quantifications for further approval
- Maintain accurate records to help resolve contractual conflicts and disputed claims with subcontractors
- Support and contribute to the tender and proposal process as required Identifies and analyses the commercial risk of a project
- Write detailed progress reports
- May be required to make visits offshore to check on work progress
- Understand and work within strict health, safety and environment legislative requirements and guidelines
- Carry out site/offshore surveys and produces reports
- Report any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participate in and promote company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
- A recognized degree in Quantity surveying / Construction Economics / Construction Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience out of which at least 5 years should have been spent in the Oil and Gas Sector.
- Shall be a member of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.