We are currently seeking a Senior Surveyor to join the Service Delivery (SD) team in Nigeria, forming an integral part of the wider Middle East & Africa (MEA) SD function.
Leading a team of 7, you will report directly to the SD Manager MEA and actively contribute to the development and achievement of the overall SD plan.
• Effectively lead the SD team in Nigeria including efficient manpower planning, ensuring technical competence of staff and monitoring of technical performance
• Perform surveys in accordance with Lloyd’s Register Rules and Regulations and other applicable standards
• Deal with statutory surveys and certification and where applicable liaise with Flag or Port State Surveyors
• Ensure reporting in accordance with corporate requirements and timescales to achieve targets set for key performance indicators
• Ensure external and internal client expectations are understood and that the services offered meet these expectations and remain in accordance with technical, regulatory requirements and processes
• Manage business queries and build relationships with internal and external clients, as appropriate, to resolve service problems and build the business
• Discuss and present deliverables with the external client including the recommendation of alternative solutions where appropriate
• Assess/recommend the time/value of the work to be undertaken for an external client within an agreed fee/cost structure
• Assist in service delivery improvement by communicating internal/external client feedback as appropriate and liaising with counterparts to ensure consistency in the development and delivery of services and application of best practices
• Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards
• Pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge, and awareness
• Participate in and contribute to specific job training as directed.
Key Health & Safety Responsibilities:
• Eliminate or minimize employee’s exposure to risks by reviewing, regularly, the health and safety risk register, applying appropriate controls, communicating results of risk assessment and ensuring health and safety is considered in the planning and execution of all LR activities.
• Manage your own and your team’s compliance with health and safety rules,
instructions, systems, and legal requirements, ensuring employees are suitably trained
and adequate resources are available to work safely.
• Monitor and review health and safety performance, observe safety behaviors in the
workplace, taking appropriate corrective and preventative action as necessary and
suggesting and implementing improvement activities.
Successful candidates must have:
• A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organization within a relevant field
• Strong understanding of Marine & Offshore business
• Proven experience of successfully managing a significant operation including
demonstration of strong leadership skills (Experience leading a team is a must)
• Strong team spirit and cooperation skills to promote a team working environment
across the SD function as well as with other functions and business streams
• Strong values and high integrity
• Proven ability to effectively manage and implement change.
• Flexibility and willingness to adapt responsibilities and to take on new challenges as the
|Job Category||Oil and Gas / Energy / Maritime|