Shipping coordinator needed by one of our clients. The ideal candidate will supervise and administer Shipping/ Logistics functions, including supervision of subordinates and administration of daily operations of the work unit to ensure timely clearance/ delivery of equipment and or materials for the Group.
- Liaise with end-users, suppliers, contractors/ clearing agents to ensure just-in-time clearance/ delivery of items to warehouse/ end users.
- Check/review all proforma invoices to ensure that there is compliance on statutory requirements like inclusion of Freight charges, unit of measure, harmonized system code (H.S. Code) etc.
- Review all shipping documents for correctness and correcting same where otherwise to enhance smooth clearing operation.
- Liaise with Lagos Head Office for form M and PAAR processing.
- Compute import duties and advising Management on budgeted shipment landing costs for planning purpose.
- Track/ monitor shipped goods in transit for planning purpose.
- Liaise with Shipping companies, Terminal Operators, NPA, NIMASA etc on shipment related issues.
- Reconcile Shipments/ deliveries with vendors, end-users/ project team, warehouse etc.
- Negotiate with vendors/ clearing agents for the best price and recommending the best for the job.
- Observe the Group’s HSE policies and procedures and ensure that safe work methods are applied.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned, from time to time by supervisor/line manager.
- HND, PGD, MBA/ MASTERS
- Member, Chartered Institute of Shipping of Nigeria.
- Minimum of 20 years hands-on-experience in Supply Chain Management role and must have occupied senior management positions in the past.
- Analytical skill
- Strong attention to details
- Good negotiation skills
- Good communication skill
- Must be proactive
- Team player
- Ability to meet up with dead lines
- Knowledge of supply and chain management
- Knowledge of market value and prices
- Knowledge of world shipping practices and Customs tariff.
|Job Category||Oil and Gas / Energy / Maritime|