A leading company operating across diverse business sectors in Nigeria is looking hire Shipping Officers.
- Key Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance of the Freight Forwarding processes with Company rules and all applicable laws and regulation
- Ensure that all safety requirements such as certifications, identifications, etc. are fully complied as per company requirements and local government regulations
- Organize, structure, coordinate and report gaps on company referential compliance in Freight Forwarding activities
- Ensure the good administration and filing of all the Freight Forwarding documents in line with the applicable procedures
- Consolidate the planning related to shipments and customs clearance of goods
- Coordinate international logistics from material origin across the world to delivery at reception facility in Nigeria under the guidance of the Nigerian Law / regulations and in compliance to the company rule.
- Supervise and monitor the Freight Forwarding officers to ensure adherence to the statutory requirements.
- Liaise with Base Logistics, reception and warehousing personnel to ensure efficient operations and cargo deliveries
- Liaise with the banks and government appointed shipment inspection agents on every shipment for appropriate duty payment classification in conformance to the statutory requirement
- Liaise effectively with government agencies (eg: NAFDAC, Customs, NPA) to secure relevant permits and approvals for importation activities
- Ensure appropriate and correct shipping documents are obtained from the suppliers, freight forwarders, airlines, banks, government appointed pre-shipment inspection agents, etc.
- Ensure that all import activities and shipping documentation are transacted and updated
- Participates in shipping contracts, procedures and policy formulation
- Practical and hands-on experience processing Mform, Letters of credit, SON (Standard Organization Of Nigeria) online Applications, shipping documents and other related import clearing operations
- 3 – 4 years relevant experience in a multi-national company.
- Communication and Computer skills (Excel and Words) are highly essential.
- Exposure to NAVISION software is an added advantage
- Not more than 35 years of Age
How to Apply:
Send CVs to email@example.com
Please note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted