Vacancy for a Technical Superintendent at one of our client’s facilities in Warri.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the full technical readiness and optimum performance of the vessels in meeting the service commitments of the company. You will lead and manage multi-functional teams, including contribution to HR processes such as recruitment and performance management of crew.
You will be required to work within any necessary commercial and budgetary constraints to ensure vessels remain in a safe and seaworthy condition in accordance with Classification Society and Flag State requirements, are operated safely and meet all necessary regulatory standard.
- Coordinate and control the supply of spare parts and necessary vessel equipment.
- Provide guidance and solutions to technical issues to ensure the full technical readiness and optimum performance of the vessels in meeting the service commitments of the company.
- Provide a leading role and technical expertise in the event of an emergency response situation.
- Promote safety and safe working practices as an operational necessity.
- Provide effective communication across all levels within the company to inform of significant operational/technical issues that impact on the availability of vessels.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor maintenance programmes and dry-docking.
- Keep proper operational records.
- Regularly inspect the vessels regarding compliance with Safety, Environmental Protection and Hygiene as per International Safety Management Code requirements.
- Assist the crew during cases of troubleshooting.
- Constantly aware of the situation of the vessels, the maintenance status and the repairs need of the vessels on a short-, medium- and long-term basis.
- Develop the annual technical department budget.
- Arrange for closure of deficiencies found in vetting, PSC Inspections, Charterer’s inspections, P&I Club surveys, etc.
- A degree from a Nautical Institution (Certificate of Competency STCW Regulation III/2).
- Minimum of 5 years seagoing experience as an engineer officer with a minimum of 2 in the rank of Chief Engineer on tankers.
- The seagoing experience may be waived provided other relevant experience like shipyard and/or new-building site work has been performed, classification society surveyor.
- Preferably minimum of 3 years’ experience as technical superintendent in a tankers management shipping company or background as Naval Architect or Marine/Mechanical Engineer and experience with a shipping company, classification society.
- Essential high level of English language (Written and spoken).
- Decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively manage, work and deal with people from multiethnic background.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and good organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Commitment to work outside office hours.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
Method of Application:
Qualified and interested candidates should kindly send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using subject of the email as “Technical Superintendent”.
Note: Due to volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.