An indigenous company operating in the downstream sector of the oil and gas industry wants to hire a Technical Superintendent. The ideal candidate will be assisting the Technical Managers to ensure adequate cover on a day to day basis.
- Coordinate and control the supply of spare parts and necessary vessel equipment.
- Provide guidance and solutions to technical issues to ensure the full technical readiness and optimum performance of the vessels in meeting the service commitments of the company.
- Provide a leading role and technical expertise in the event of an emergency response situation.
- Promote safety and safe working practices as an operational necessity.
- Provide effective communication across all levels within the company to inform of significant operational/technical issues that impact on the availability of vessels.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor maintenance programmes and dry-docking.
- Keep proper operational records.
- Inspect regularly the vessels regarding compliance with safety, environmental protection, and hygiene as per international safety management code requirements.
- Assist the crew during cases of troubleshooting.
- Be constantly aware of the situation of the vessels, the maintenance status and the repairs needs of the vessels on a short, medium and long term basis.
- Develop the annual technical department budget.
- Arrange for closure of deficiencies found in vetting, psc inspections, charterers inspections, p&i club surveys, etc.